Dr. Darius Milcius is Head of Center for Hydrogen Energy Technologies and senior researcher at UAB Inovatas. Since 2001 he is expert of Tasks 17-32 of The International Energy Agency Hydrogen Implementing Agreement (IEA HIA).
His main activities are:
- Development of metal hydrides for hydrogen storage, batteries and smart windows applications
- Development of thin electrolyte for SOFC (solid oxide fuel cells) and oxide-based PCFC (proton conductive fuel cells).
- Development of hydrogen separation membranes based on amorphous Nickel compounds
- Development of thin oxide films on polymer substrates.
- Development of non-organic nanoparticles on water soluble substrates.
He has been author or co-author of more than 50 publications on metal hydrides, 15 publications on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells. He also have developed 5 patents and applications at Lithuanian Patent Office, 1- EPO patent and 1 PCT application on energy storage technologies.
Dr. Darius Milcius has excellent experience in participation in international projects: he was a coordinator of two projects on development of energy storage technologies with Sandia National Laboratories (USA) which was funded by USA DoE; participant of 3 Nordic Energy Research Programme projects, 4 projects in EU FP6, 2 COST projects, leader of 2 projects funded by EU Structural Funds and a leader of the project on energy storage technologies implementation in military environment which was funded by NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence. Darius Milcius is a member of FCH 2 JU States Representatives Group from 2016.