He has been author or co-author of more than 50 publications on metal hydrides, 15 publications on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells. He also have developed 5 patents and applications at Lithuanian Patent Office, 1- EPO patent and 1 PCT application on energy storage technologies.
Dr. Darius Milcius is Head of Center for Hydrogen Energy Technologies and senior researcher at UAB Inovatas. Since 2001 he is expert of Tasks 17-32 of The International Energy Agency Hydrogen Implementing Agreement (IEA HIA).
Dr. Darius Milcius has excellent experience in participation in international projects: he was a coordinator of two projects on development of energy storage technologies with Sandia National Laboratories (USA) which was funded by USA DoE; participant of 3 Nordic Energy Research Programme projects, 4 projects in EU FP6, 2 COST projects, leader of 2 projects funded by EU Structural Funds and a leader of the project on energy storage technologies implementation in military environment which was funded by NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence. Darius Milcius is a member of FCH 2 JU States Representatives Group from 2016.
His main activities are:
- Development of metal hydrides for hydrogen storage, batteries and smart windows applications
- Development of thin electrolyte for SOFC (solid oxide fuel cells) and oxide-based PCFC (proton conductive fuel cells).
- Development of hydrogen separation membranes based on amorphous Nickel compounds
- Development of thin oxide films on polymer substrates.
- Development of non-organic nanoparticles on water soluble substrates.